Linda Kulp Trout

Thursday, November 19, 2020

HOP TO IT

 Last spring, I did an hour-long virtual poetry lesson with a group of elementary students. Keeping them engaged was both challenging and exhausting.  I can't imagine how hard it must be for teachers, parents, and students who are doing this all day long. 

Mini-breaks are essential, but finding quick little activities that are fresh, fun, and informative can be so time-consuming.  That's why I'm excited to tell you about the fabulous new anthology, HOP TO IT: Poems to Get You Moving by Sylvia Vardell and Janet Wong. 


The anthology features 100 short poems to get our bodies and minds moving.  Each poem comes with suggestions for additional activities, a note to inspire a closer look at the poet's craft, and a recommendation of a picture book related to the poem with a connection to Social Studies and STEM.

I love how this anthology is a combination of poems to get us moving physically and  poems to inspire us to do our part to make a difference. 

I am grateful to be among the 90 poets included in the anthology.  I apologize for the image being so dark. The actual book pages are bright and easy to read.



HOP TO IT: Poems to Get You Moving would make the perfect gift for the teachers and parents on your list.  It will be a treasured resource for years to come.

 A big thank you to Suzy for hosting this week at The Poetry Garden.




6 comments:

  1. What a fun tapping poem! I love being a part of this superb collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem, Linda. My younger granddaughter loves that she's figured out how to snap her fingers "real loud". I will share this with her. I bet she'd like to memorize it! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I am sure little ones will love this poem, Linda. It has a good tempo, motion, and "jazz" hands - a favorite of mine. I will share your poem with my 3-year-old granddaughter who loves stories with movement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, say "great job" for your poem, Linda, and for this great anthology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, snappy poem, Linda. Congrats on being included in the new anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cheerful and snappy poem, Linda. Makes me want to hop right up and move!

    ReplyDelete