Linda Kulp Trout

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Behaving Boldy


This week for Spiritual Journey Thursday, we are writing about Donna's one little word for 2016: 


I have never thought of myself as someone who is BOLD, yet there have been times that I have acted boldly, For instance, after high school, I joined the Air Force. I was a country girl who had never been on a train, plane, or visited a big city. So, going to basic training over 2000 miles from home was big and BOLD, and it led me to my next decision.

I was married with two sons and ran a full-time day care business when I made the decision to earn my teaching certificate. It took almost ten years, but at 32 yrs. old, I finally earned my degree. I was the first person in my family to graduate from college, and I wasn't sure I could do it. There were many times I wondered if all the late nights and being an outsider among students much younger and smarter than me was worth it, but wanting to show my sons education is important made me BOLD.

Now, I’m dipping a toe into my next BOLD act, and I’m a little nervous about it because it involves writing and posting every day during the month of April. I’ve always wanted to do a project for National Poetry Month, but fear of failure has stopped me.





Then, keeping with my One Little Word— simplify, I came up with an idea.
I’ll announce it tomorrow for Poetry Friday, and I hope you'll stop by and let me know what you  think. 

We all have moments of BOLDNESS. I can’t wait to hear about yours.



3 comments:

  1. Linda, I loved hearing about your bold moves backstory. Kudos to you! Grabbing the bull by the horns is sometimes scary but rewarding after getting over the fear and perhaps trepidation. I look forward to hearing about your next adventure. I am announcing mine tomorrow also at Poetry Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE bold, and your story is beautiful (with apologies to the B&B soap title). Thank you so much for sharing the multiple ways you acted boldly despite fears, concerns, uncertainties etc. And the lucky recipients, besides your family, colleagues, and students, are all of us who are journeying with you! Thank you for the quotes you included, especially the one from JFK...I likely heard or saw it before, but it appeared as if I were reading it and being impacted by it for the first time. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are indeed bold! Posting every day in April should be nothing compared to those feats! ;-) I love the quotes, especially the middle one. Each one, though, resonates with me.

    ReplyDelete