Linda Kulp Trout

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SNOW! SNOW! and more SNOW!




Two blizzards in four days left us with a lot of snow! Schools have been closed since Feb. 5. Driving continues to be a challenge with huge piles of snow EVERYWHERE!

Although I'm not happy knowing we've lost our spring break and will be in school until the 4th. of July, for me, the snow was a gift. Normally, the days and weeks fly by so fast I feel like a hamster on a wheel- spinnning and spinning but not getting where I want to be. Like most people, I'm always overscheduling and thinking I have to be the one to get the job done.

The snow has been a blessing because it forced me to slow the pace! The first five days were busy, busy, busy with shoveling and baking and doing household chores. Then finally, finally things slowed down. I finally ran out of "have to dos" and had time for some "wanna dos." For the first time since last summer, I had time to think, time to read, and even some time to write. School will be back in session tomorrow, and things will get crazy again. But for now, I'm going to have a cup of tea and enjoy my time.

2 comments:

  1. Linda,

    That's a lotta snow! We still have quite a bit of snow on the ground around here--but we didn't get hit with a megastorm like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are piles of snow everywhere, and it makes getting around on foot and driving hard. I'm ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete